Home remedies to treat bad breath
Halitosis or bad breath is a very embarrassing condition. Halitosis is caused by bacteria growing on the tongue, gums and around the teeth. Other reasons for having bad breath include constipation, intestinal disorders and consumption of alcohol, foods rich in protein and smoking. These are some home remedies for bad breath:
1. Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth and floss after meals or at least twice a day to prevent bacteria build up in the mouth. Use a tongue cleaner to cleanse the tongue.
2. A mouthwash made with equal parts apple cider vinegar and water will reduce the Ph levels in the mouth and destroy the bacteria.
3. Drink plenty of water to prevent dry mouth.
4. If the bad breath is caused by constipation eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains to cure the constipation.
5. Chew on a clove, the antibacterial properties will immediately destroy the odor causing bacteria.
6. Consume more citrus fruits as this promotes the production of saliva which kills the bacteria.
7. Brush your teeth and tongue with a little baking soda to stop the bacteria from growing.
8. Chew parsley after a meal, these acts as a breath deodorizer.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.